Warming Seas Drive Rapid Acceleration of Melting Antarctic Ice as warm ocean water rises up to melt them,
glaciers around the Amundsen Sea are losing half a Mount Everest a year. By ,
Melting Antarctic glaciers that are large enough to raise worldwide sea level by more than a meter are
dropping a Mount Everest's worth of ice into the sea every two years, according to a study released this week.
Sanity Seeps into Shell ?
|Will oil companies go for profitable Green business?|
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Royal Dutch Shell will cease exploration in Arctic waters off Alaska's coast following disappointing results from an exploratory well backed by billions in investment and years of work.
The announcement was a huge blow to Shell, which was counting on offshore drilling in Alaska to help it drive future revenue. Environmentalists, however, had tried repeatedly to block the project and welcomed the news.
Shell has spent upward of $7 billion on Arctic offshore exploration, including $2.1 billion in 2008 for leases in the Chukchi Sea off Alaska's northwest coast, where an exploratory well about 80 miles off shore drilled to 6,800 feet but yielded disappointing results. Backed by a 28-vessel flotilla, drillers found indications of oil and gas but not in sufficient quantities to warrant more exploration at the site
27th March 2015
- SEA-LEVEL AND MELTDOWN
- ARCTIC AND ANTARCTIC WARMING – SEA LEVEL RISES
- CLIMATE CHANGE and NEW YORK
- DOOMSDAY – LONDON & NEW YORK FLOOD
- LONDON FLOODS - 300ft UNDERWATER
- GLOBAL FLOODS - READ ALL ABOUT IT!
- S.O.S. – ARCTIC ICE MELTING
- NOAH'S FLOOD - 2012-25
- FLOOD ALERT
- MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND - CLIMATE CHANGE
- MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND - THE CURSE OF ST. SWITHIN.
- “MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND & MOVE YOUR MONEY ON-SHORE!...
- BIRD-FLU AND FLOOD INSURANCE